Innsbruck and Tyrol
Innsbruck is the capital of the Tyrol, one of the best-known tourism regions and most popular holiday destinations in the Alps. Since the Olympic Winter Games in 1964 and 1976 the region has been famous for its great competence in organising major (sport events). Innsbruck attracts millions of visitors every years. In the last years many European and World Championships, multiple multi sport events, and various world cup event have been carried out.
Due to its unique hospitality and excellent infrastructure, Innsbruck and Tyrol have the perfect preconditions for being a world-class host city.
In the next years to come the following events will be hosted in Innsbruck:
● Crankworx 2018
● 2018 Road World Championships Innsbruck-Tirol
● IFSC Climbing World Championships 2018 Innsbruck Tirol
● FIS Nordic World Ski Championships Seefeld 2019
● Winter World Masters Games 2020
In the past years the following events were hosted in Innsbruck:
● IFSC Climbing Youth World Championships Innsbruck Tirol 2017
● Crankworx 2017
● IBU Biathlon World Championships Hochfilzen 2017
● FIL Luge World Championships 2017 Innsbruck-Igls
● International Children’s Games 2016
● IBSF Bobsleigh & Skeleton World Championships 2016 Innsbruck-Igls
You can find further regional events here.